- Yields: 4-6 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 2 h
- 2 limes juiced
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup OJ
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Serrano pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup dark Mexican beer
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 yellow squash cut in half moons
- 2 green zucchini cut in half moons
- 1/2 red onion quartered
- First, blend up ingredients for marinade. Put flank steak in large storage bag with marinade and marinate for 2-24 hours.
- To begin cooking the steak, fire up the charcoal grill using Kingsford charcoal and heat to 375°F.
- Heat cast iron with 2 tablespoons of olive prior to grilling steak.
- Add veggies to the cast iron skillet at the time of putting steak on the grill, and season with rub mix.
- Next, remove steak from marinade and lightly season with rub. Proceed to grill each side of the steak for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove veggies while steak is finishing.
- Rest meat 5 minutes. Cut against the grains and serve with veggies.
- Credit: Recipe created by Miguel Vidal, owner of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, on behalf of Kingsford
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.