Skip to content
Carne Asada Tacos
Write a Review
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice (divided)
- ½ cup diced onion (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (divided)
- 1 jalapeño (stem and seeds removed then finely diced)
- 16 corn tortillas
- Place beef, garlic, soy sauce, 3 tbsp. lime juice, ¼ cup diced onion, chili powder, pepper, coriander, and 2 tbsp. cilantro in a large resealable bag, seal and shake to combine all of the ingredients. Refrigerate the beef for 2–4 hours to fully absorb the marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining lime juice, onion and cilantro along with the diced jalapeño and blend well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for high heat cooking (approximately 450°F). Remove flank steak from the marinade and grill for approximately 5–6 per side until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F for medium rare. Remove the flank steak from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain then cutting into bite sized pieces. As the steak rests, place the corn tortillas on the grill. Grill tortillas on one side for approximately 2 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Assemble each taco by placing grilled flank steak onto 2 stacked corn tortillas. Top with the onion, jalapeño and cilantro mixture then serve immediately.