- Yields: 6-8 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (21/25 shrimp count per pound)
- 10 pieces thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 4-6 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Serrano peppers, diced
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Fire up the charcoal grill using Kingsford charcoal and heat to 400°F.
- Butterfly shrimp, then place the shrimp and cheese on the top of the bacon with a few pieces of Serrano peppers.
- Next, wrap the shrimp and secure it with a toothpick. Place the shrimp on baking sheets.
- Brush each shrimp with butter, set it on the grill and cover for 15 minutes.
- Then, remove from baking sheets and place directly on the grill for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Flip and grill for 30 more seconds. Remove from the grill and enjoy.
- Credit: Recipe created by Miguel Vidal, owner of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, on behalf of Kingsford
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.