Buffalo Chicken Burger with Blue Cheese and Carrot-Celery SlawWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 stalks medium celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and julienned)
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
- 1½ lb. ground chicken
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup hot sauce (preferably Texas Pete’s or Louisiana brand)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 slices blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Combine celery, carrot and ranch dressing in a medium mixing bowl and blend until vegetables are completely coated. Refrigerate while burgers are prepared.
- Form ground chicken into 4 burger patties. Season patties liberally on both sides with Kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Combine hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan and set on the grill. Allow the buffalo sauce to warm completely while burgers are grilled. Place patties on the grill and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Brush both sides of the burgers with buffalo sauce, top with blue cheese, then cover the grill and allow them to cook until the cheese has melted and they have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F. Assemble burgers by placing the carrot and celery slaw on the bottom bun, followed by the buffalo chicken patty and top bun. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.