- Yields: 10 Servings
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups whole peeled tomatoes crushed with juice (from can)
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Valentina's Red Rub
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons cayenne
- 3 pound of your favorite brisket
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 10-inch Dutch Oven
- 1 cup flour
- A few ounces of water
- Begin with an open fire and Kingsford charcoal.
- Place the Dutch oven over 5-8 coals. Surround Dutch oven with 10-15 coals. Add more as needed.
- Next, add olive oil and onions. Sauté to bring out the aroma.
- Add crushed tomatoes and water, and stir well. Then add spices and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, add slurry mixture to thicken chili.
- Stir in and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Credit: Recipe created by Miguel Vidal, owner of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, on behalf of Kingsford
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.