Skip to content
Blue Oak BBQ Grilled Wings
Write a Review
- 50 chicken wings
- 1 gallon water
- 1¼ cups kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Blue Oak BBQ's House sauce, or your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Blue Oak BBQ's Sichuan seasoning, or your favorite seasoning
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 bag Kingsford® Charcoal
- Brine the wings overnight in the fridge with water, kosher salt and sugar.
- Bring BBQ sauce up to a simmer in a large pot. Once sauce is warm and simmering, whisk in the Sichuan seasoning until thoroughly dissolved. Stir in the corn syrup and then slowly drizzle in your honey. Stir until mixed well, then cut the heat and cool down the sauce.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F using Kingsford® Charcoal and lightly oil the grill grates.
- Take wings out of the brine and throw them on the grill, not touching each other but directly over the heat. Continue to move, flip and rotate the wings around on the grill until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- The wings are done when a thermometer reads 165°F internally. When cooked, remove the wings from the grill and put onto a plate. Allow the wings to cool to let the skin tighten, and toss them in the sauce. Serve hot.
- Phil Moseley Tip:
A simple brine on your wings with kosher salt and sugar will go a long way. This will help break down the protein strands of the meat and begin to tenderize and flavor the wings while also drawing some of the blood out.
Credit: Recipe created by Phil Moseley of Blue Oak BBQ on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal