Skip to content
Black Pepper Teres Major with Blue Cheese and Bacon Cream Sauce
Write a Review
- 2 teres major steaks (approximately 0.5 lb each)
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 oz. Maytag blue cheese
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Season both sides of the teres major steaks liberally with Kosher salt. Refrigerate steaks for 1 hour. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature. Prepare grill for high-heat cooking, approximately 500°F. Season both sides of the steaks with cracked black pepper and additional salt.
- Grill steaks for 4–5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 130°F for medium rare.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and close the grill’s bottom vents to lower the temperature to approximately 350°F.
- Place a small skillet on the grill and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and stir to make a paste. Add the milk and allow it to come to a boil. Once the sauce has thickened (approximately 2–3 minutes), stir in the blue cheese and crumbled bacon then add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.