Big Mo BurgerWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 lb. ground beef (preferably an 80/20 blend)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ½ head iceberg lettuce (core removed and finely shredded)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- bread and butter pickle slices
- ½ large red onion (diced)
- Smoky Thousand Island Dressing (recipe follows)
- 8 hamburger buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. pickle relish
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp. prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Form ground beef into 8 thin patties and season both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Grill patties for 4–5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Spread Smoky Thousand Island Dressing on the eight bottom buns. Top four of the bottom buns with a slice of cheese and shredded lettuce, followed by a burger patty and another bottom bun. Add pickles, onions, additional shredded lettuce, a second burger patty, and a top bun. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Clint Cantwell
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.