Skip to content
Beer Braised Italian Sausage and Charred Peppers Hero
Write a Review
- 4 (12 oz.) bottles of lager
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 Italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6 Italian sandwich rolls
- spicy brown mustard
- 1 disposable aluminum half pans
- Prepare the grill for high heat cooking (450+°F). Place a disposable aluminum half pan on the grill and add the beer and butter. Once the liquid is warm, add the sausages and allow them to simmer until pale white and cooked through (approximately 10 minutes). As the sausages simmer, grill the bell peppers while turning frequently until charred on all sides. Once charred, remove the stem and seeds from the peppers then cut into thin strips. Set sliced peppers aside until ready to use.
- Remove the sausages from the beer and place directly on the grill. Grill sausages for 3–4 minutes per side until browned and lightly charred.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place one sausage in each bun then top with charred peppers and spicy brown mustard. Serve immediately.