Skip to content
Bee Sting Grilled Pizza
Write a Review
- 1 can (28 oz.) San Marzano peeled tomatoes, drained
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough (room temperature, divided into 2 pieces)
- 4 ounces soppressata (sliced)
- 10–15 leaves fresh basil
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced and patted dry
- ½ cup white flour
- Mike's Hot Honey (to drizzle over pizza, to taste)
- Kingsford® Charcoal
- Make pizza sauce. Empty can of San Marzano tomatoes in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, or your hands, break tomatoes into small pieces. May strain sauce if too watery. Add 1 tsp. of Kosher salt, 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 to 550° F. Lightly oil the cooking grate with olive oil prior to cooking with tongs and a paper towel dipped in olive oil.
- Flour prep counter and shape ½ of the pizza dough into desired shape for the pizza. Place dough on pizza peel dusted with flour and quickly place dough directly on the grill grate.
- Close the grill and cook for 2–3 minutes. When dough is lightly browned, flip the pizza dough so the grill marked side is up. Top with pizza sauce and cheese. Add other toppings depending on which pizza you are making.
- Bee Sting Pizza:
Add sauce, cheese and soppressata, then return to the grill and cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted and dough has browned nicely on the bottom. Remove pizza from the grill onto a rack, drizzle with hot honey and top with fresh basil leaves. Serve.
Credit: Recipe created by Melissa Reome on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal