Skip to content
Banh Mi Burger
Write a Review
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt (divided)
- 1 daikon radish (peeled and julienned)
- 2 carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 1½ lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. Maggi seasoning (available in the International aisle of most major grocers)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cucumber (halved, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- jalapeños (thinly sliced)
- sliced ciabatta buns (lightly toasted)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and 1 tsp. Kosher salt in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Once the sugar and salt have completely dissolved, place julienned radish and carrots in a large resealable bag, cover with the liquid, then seal the bag while removing as much air as possible. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the vegetables to marinate.
- Once the vegetables are done marinating, prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking (approximately 400°F).
- Place the ground pork, Maggi seasoning, remaining 1 tsp. Kosher salt, and ground pepper in a medium mixing bowl and blend well. Form meat into 4 patties. Place patties on the grill and cook for approximately 4–5 minutes per side until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove the burger patties from the grill. Drain the liquid from the pickled carrots and radish. Assemble burgers by spreading mayonnaise on the buns, place patty on the bottom bun, followed by sliced cucumber, sliced jalapeños (to taste), picked vegetables and cilantro. Add the top bun and serve immediately.