Skip to content
Bangladesh Grilled Chicken
Write a Review
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1 cup store-bought masala sauce (see note)
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Marinate the chicken. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, curry, turmeric, coriander, salt and chili powder. Rub all over the chicken until well coated. Cover and marinate for at least 1–2 hours, up to overnight, the longer the better.
- Build a charcoal fire on an outdoor grill for both direct and indirect cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Close the grill lid and preheat to medium-high heat (about 450°F). Brush grill grate with oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place skin side down on the hottest part of the grill. Cover and cook for about 5–6 minutes on the skin side, or until you have good grill marks. Flip the chicken over, brush with some of the masala and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Move the chicken to the cooler side and continue to cook for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Baste with the masala every few minutes as the chicken cooks. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve hot.