- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 24 h
- 1/3 cup Virgin olive oil / Spanish olive oil
- 10-15 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup of sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 cup of Orange Juice
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 2-3 pounds skirt steak (silver skin trimmed off)
- 8 cloves of minced garlic
- 3-4 limes, squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped oregano
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Place steak and all ingredients in a storage bag and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, lime juice, cilantro, parsley oregano, vinegar, chili flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
- Fire up the charcoal grill using Kingsford charcoal and heat to 400°F.
- Next, season steak with salt and pepper and cook the meat for about 3 minutes per side. Brush with butter and lime juice.
- Remove and let the meat rest. Slice against the grain, or serve whole.
- Credit: Recipe created by Miguel Vidal, owner of Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ, on behalf of Kingsford
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.