3-Pepper Smoked Hickory WingsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 6 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 28 chicken wings (flats and drumettes)
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® Charcoal with Hickory
- Stir together the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season the wings with all of the rub for extra hot wings or half of the rub for spicy.
- Build a charcoal fire on one side of grill, creating an indirect zone away from the fire.
- When the cooker temperature reaches 450˚F, place the wings over indirect heat and close the lid. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Paint liberally with Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes, about the right amount of time for the sauce to caramelize.
- Remove from the grill and serve with extra sauce for your guests.
Got leftovers? Keep ’em fresh as the day you made ’em with Glad® Press’n Seal®.
- Credit: Chris Lilly
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.