Uncover Joy Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Uncover Joy Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parents, subsidiaries and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor:The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on March 30, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"), and includes two (2) independent Contest Entry Periods (each a “Contest Entry Period”) as set forth in the chart below:
|Contest Entry Period||Starts at 12:00 p.m. PT||Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT||Approximate Notification Date|
|1||March 30, 2017||April 20, 2017||April 26, 2017|
|2||April 21, 2017||May 11, 2017||May 17, 2017|
Sponsor’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.kingsford.com/uncover-joy and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including your first name, last name, zip code and valid email address. Then, follow the directions to upload:
- a. For Contest Entry Period 1: One (1) photo that displays your signature grilled dish that you are proud to serve to family and friends and a title of the photo (not to exceed five (5) words).
- b. For Contest Entry Period 2: One (1) photo that displays your favorite ribs grilling recipe and a title of the photo (not to exceed five (5) words).
Your photo and the title are collectively referred to as your submission ("Submission"). Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines, Permissions and Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines, Permissions and Restrictions or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- The Submission must be in a .jpg, .gif or .png file;
- The Submission must not exceed 1MB and at least 400px by 400pxin size; and
- The Submission's title must be in English.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals who appear in or are referenced in the Submission to use their names and or likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Any minor in the Submission must be Entrant's child or legal ward. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must be your original work;
- The Submission cannot be a photo collage;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not prominently feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest. Please note: using and/or showing Kingsford Charcoal in your Submission will have no impact on your opportunity to win;
- Submission must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, inappropriate, offensive, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor, its products or services, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, or contain material that is unlawful in any way.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it finds the Submission to be unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole and absolute discretion.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission during each Contest Entry Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of each Contest Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the potential winner from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Taste Appeal of the food pictured (34%);
- Quality of the photo (33%); and
- Presentation of the food pictured (33%)
The entrant whose Submission receives with the highest score will be deemed the potential winner for the applicable Contest Entry Period. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for "Taste Appeal of the food pictured," as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner.
Sponsor reserves the right not to select a winner for any Contest Entry Period if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges will be final and binding in all matters. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
7. Winner Requirements: Administrator will notify potential winners by email on or around the dates listed in Section 4. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within two (2) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Released Parties and any licensee against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD 1 PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to the 2017 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest on May 17-20, 2017 in Memphis, TN. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Memphis, TN; three (3) nights’ accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) VIP Experience tickets to the 2017 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest, including parking pass; $1,000 spending money; a $400 allowance for a rental car for length of stay; and travel agent services. Alternatively, winner may choose to receive a check for $5,900 in lieu of the trip prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,900.
CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD 2 PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to the 2017 Big Apple BBQ Block Party on June 10-11, 2017 in New York, NY. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to New York, NY; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) Big Wig VIP passes to the 2017 Big Apple BBQ Block Party; $1,000 spending money; and travel agent services. Alternatively, winner may choose to receive a check for $4,250 in lieu of the trip prize. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,250.
For Trip Prizes: Trip must be booked immediately upon winner confirmation. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If rental car is part of prize and the winner does not meet requirements for rental car, that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the 2017 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest and/or 2017 Big Apple BBQ Block Party is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. No substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets may be subject to Sponsor’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event.
For Money Award in Lieu of Trip Prize: Prize will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation.
For All Prizes: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
9. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above or as otherwise seemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, mechanical, r human error or otherwise, which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing of entries or the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winners List: For a winners list, visit www.kingsford.com/uncover-joy-winners. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2017 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.