Skip to content
Smoked Yeast Rolls
Write a Review
2 h 30 m
- 1 cup water (about 110°F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Add the sugar, oil, egg, salt, and half of the flour and mix until just combined.
- Add one more cup of flour and mix until the flour is combined again.
- Add between ½ a cup to 1 whole cup of the remaining flour as needed until the dough comes together and is soft but not gooey.
- Spray the top with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for one hour or until doubled.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 4 or 5 times until the dough is slightly smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pinch off balls of dough about 1 ½ inches in diameter and place two in each muffin tin side by side.
- Allow to rise about one hour more until doubled again, then cover with a damp towel.
- Cook on the recteq grill or wood pellet grill at 425°F for 12–15 minutes and brush melted butter over the tops when you take them out.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Classic