Skip to content
Smoked Wild Mushroom & Croissant Dressing
Write a Review
- 10 large croissants, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub
- 1 tablespoons Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 dried wild mushrooms, hydrated
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chicken stock (as needed)
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 37°F. Arrange croissants on a baking sheet in single layer. Bake 10–15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil, add celery, onion, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt; cook 10–15 minutes or until beginning to soften, then stir occasionally. Remove from recteq.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vegetables, croissants, eggs, seasonings, parsley, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt, folding until well combined. Add small amounts of chicken stock if needed. Transfer to buttered baking dish. Bake for 35–45 minutes or until deep golden brown and crisp on top.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Hickory