Whole Traditional TurkeyWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 8–10 Servings
- Cook time: 3 h
- Prep time: 24 h
- 10 pounds whole turkey
- ½ pound butter
- 2 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust
- 3 tablespoons Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 gallon water
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- Prepare the brine and cool completely, then add the turkey and allow to rest in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove from the brine and pat dry.
- Mix softened butter with 2 tbsp Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub and 2 tbsp of Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub.
- Add the compound butter underneath the skin of the turkey and reserve 2 tbsp to smear on top of the skin.
- Season the outside of the bird with 1 tbsp Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub.
- Cook at 325°F until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached in the breast.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.