Vietnamese Shrimp Lettuce WrapsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 3 h
- 36 jumbo prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ shallot, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish saice
- 6–7 bamboo skewers
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Boston green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup julienned English cucumbers
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, stalks removed
- For the Dipping Sauce: Mix the following ingredients in a mixing bowl to combine together: hoisin sauce, ¼ teaspoon sriracha, rice vinegar.
- Top with 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts.
- For the Shrimp: Soak your bamboo skewers for 1 hour to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Combine the following ingredients to make the shrimp marinade: garlic, shallot, lemongrass, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- Put your shrimp and marinade into a bag and marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Place each shrimp onto the skewers, careful not to overcrowd.
- Set your Masterbuilt to 600°F.
- Oil your grill with canola oil.
- Place your skewers on the grill. Cook the shrimp skewers 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with the following ingredients and the Dipping Sauce: Boston green leaf lettuce separated into whole leaves, julienned carrots, julienned English cucumbers, red onion, lime, fresh cilantro.
- Credit: Recipe created by Howard and Anita Hsu of Sweet Auburn BBQ on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.