Skip to content
Vegan Chocolate Chip Brownies in Cast Iron Skillet with Whipped Cream Topping
Write a Review
For Whipped Topping:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned coconut cream, chilled in refrigerator over night
- Heat the Masterbuilt to 360°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the following ingredients: all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder.
- Add in the water, oil and vanilla.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly oil an 8” cast iron skillet.
- Pour the brownie mix into the skillet.
- Place into the Masterbuilt oven for 25–30 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny. You can test the doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of the brownie. If it comes out clean, it is done.
- While the brownie cooks, prepare the whipped cream topping. Whip the coconut cream by hand or with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip for 5 seconds more.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Remove the brownie from heat and allow to completely cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with sifted cocoa powder and confectioners sugar
Credit: Recipe created by Howard and Anita Hsu of Sweet Auburn BBQ on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt