Skip to content
Smoked Sweet Potato Casserole
Write a Review
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ray's Warm Apple Pie Rub
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups praline pecans, chopped
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat recteq to 400°F.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to a nonstick cooking mat
- Season with the olive oil and Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add to a large bowl, mash with fork or potato masher until coarse.
- Add the butter, vanilla, eggs & milk, fold with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Combine the chopped pralines, butter, flour and sugar, and top the casserole.
- Cook at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Top with the mini marshmallows and continue to cook 5-8 minutes until melted and golden brown.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Cherrywood