Skip to content
Smoked Pineapple Mezcal Margarita
Write a Review
For the Smoked Pineapple Simple Syrup
For the Cocktail
- 1 pineapple, whole
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- serrano pepper, sliced thin
For the Garnish
- 1 cup mezcal*
- ½ cup triple sec*
- ½ cup limeade
- ¼ cup Smoked Pineapple Simple Syrup
- salt to rim glass
- sliced smoked pineapple
- lime, sliced into wedges
- Fire up Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 grill and smoker to 250°F.
- Place the whole pineapple on the grill and close the lid. Allow the pineapple to smoke for 2 hours, rotating every 30 minutes.
- Remove the pineapple from the grill and allow to cool for 15 minutes — until safe to handle. Then, slice the pineapple into wedges.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar and water in a heatproof pot. Simmer the water and sugar over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add pineapple slices, Szechuan peppercorns, and sliced serrano to the syrup and stir to combine.
- Allow that mixture to sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Next, strain the mixture into a jar. Keep the pineapple and pepper slices for later, and discard the peppercorns.
- Fill a pitcher with ice.
- Add the mezcal, triple sec, limeade and smoked pineapple simple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges and sliced serrano.
- Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and garnish with a slice of pineapple and a lime wedge on the rim of the glass or on a toothpick.
- Serve and enjoy.
- * Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
Credit: Recipe created by Kita Roberts, Chef & Blogger at Girl Carnivore, on behalf of Kingsford Charcoal