Smoked Garlic, Onion and Paprika-Infused Strip Steak with Kingsford® Signature Flavors PelletsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 1 h
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 (12-ounce) strip steaks, at least 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Kingsford® Original Seasoning OR 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Remove steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare a pellet grill by loading the hopper with Kingsford® Signature Flavors Pellets with Garlic, Onion and Paprika. Set to 275°F for maximum flavor absorption.
- Season the steaks well on both sides with either Kingsford® Original Seasoning or kosher salt.
- Place the steaks into the pellet grill, and prepare for a 45–60 minute cooking time, depending on the thickness of your steaks.
- Smoke the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare.
- To add grill marks to your steak: remove the steaks once at correct temperature, and rest under foil. Place aluminum grill grates into the grill, and increase the temperature of the pellet grill to 500°F. Once at temperature, Place the steaks onto the hot grates for 2 minutes, then make a quarter turn (45°) and cook 2 minutes longer to create the cross-grill marks.
- Credit: Recipe created by Hardcore Carnivore Jess Pryles on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.