Skip to content
Smoked Roasted Turkey & Giblet Gravy
Write a Review
- 4 turkey necks, raw legs, or wings
- 2 tablespoons Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 pounds onions, chopped
- 1 pound celery, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 3 bulbs smoked garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 12 ounces white wine
- 2 gallons chicken/turkey stock
- 6 ounces butter, melted
- 6 ounces flour
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 350°F.
- Season the turkey necks/legs/wings and giblets with olive oil and Ben’s Heffer Dust, then allow to cook until the turkey is a deep golden brown (60–75 minutes).
- In a deep roasting pan, add the onions, carrots, celery, herbs, and garlic. Add pan to the recteq during the last 30 minutes of the roasting process.
- Add the roasted turkey pieces to the pan of vegetables and add the wine and water, then allow to simmer in the grill for 1–2 hours until a deep flavor is reached and the liquid has reduced by one-third.
- Strain, and if saving to make gravy at a later time, cool and then freeze the turkey stock.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Hickory