Skip to content
Smoked Miso Roasted Root Vegetables
Write a Review
- 1 pound carrots, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 8 medium beets, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub
- 2 tablespoons Jody’s Asian Persuasion Rub
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat the recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 450°F.
- Arrange root veggies on a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Heffer Dust Rub & Asian Persuasion Rub.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 45 minutes until crisp on the outside.
- In the final 10 minutes of roasting time, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the miso paste, mirin, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the vegetables, toss, and arrange on a platter. Garnish with scallions if desired.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Maple