Skip to content
Korean Koja Tacos
Write a Review
- ½ cup Korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- chili flakes and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups shredded green Napa cabbage or other cabbage
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 12 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Marinate the chicken. In a large bowl, mix together the gochujang, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss well to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® Charcoal and preheat to medium-high heat (about 450°F). Brush grate with oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 6–8 minutes on each side. Move to a cutting board and slice thin.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. To make the vinaigrette, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, olive and sesame oils together until well combined. Toss with the cabbage, scallions, carrots and cilantro (add a little at a time; you may not want to use all of the dressing).
- To assemble, fill the tortillas with chicken and top with slaw. Serve immediately, with lime wedges for squeezing.