Skip to content
Ground Bacon Burger
Write a Review
- 1½ lb. uncooked bacon
- 1/2 lb. bacon (cooked and finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite BBQ dry rub seasoning
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 Kaiser rolls (split and lightly toasted)
- Stand mixer with meat grinder attachment or food processor
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Roughly chop the uncooked bacon and place in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes until it begins to firm but hasn’t frozen through. Once partially frozen, feed it through the grinder attachment of a stand mixer or place in a food processor and roughly chop.
- Once the bacon has been properly ground, gently mix in the chopped cooked bacon then form into 4 burger patties. Season patties lightly on both sides with BBQ dry rub seasoning.
- Place patties on the grill and cook until they reach a minimum internal temperature of 160°F. Remove the burger patties from the grill. Assemble burgers by spreading BBQ sauce on the buns, place patty on the bottom bun, followed by shredded iceberg lettuce, and 2–3 slices of tomatoes. Add the top bun and serve immediately.