Grilled Wedge Salad with Buffalo ChickenWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
IngredientsBlue Cheese Dressing:
- 8 ounces low fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt, pepper to taste (for the chicken)
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot, or your favorite hot sauce
- ½ stick butter
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, cut in half
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 slices bacon, precooked and chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- skewers or a grill basket
- Load Kingsford® Charcoal with Applewood into your Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 and set to 400°F.
- Combine blue cheese dressing ingredients and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, place the hot sauce and butter in a sauce pot, set it over the grill and let it simmer.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the grill. Grill until the internal temp has reached 165°F.
- Add the halved lettuce wedges and tomatoes to the grill using the skewers or grill basket, and let them grill until char marks have formed.
- Remove everything from the grill.
- Chop the chicken up and place in a bowl and coat with the buffalo sauce.
- Plate a grilled iceberg wedge on a plate and layer with the grilled tomatoes, bacon, and a large dollop of blue cheese dressing. Add the buffalo chicken to the salad.
- Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars — Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com — on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.