Grilled Ribeye with Everglades RubWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 head roasted garlic (roast garlic in oven, until golden brown, and soft to mash)
- 1 teaspoon coffee ground
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Everglades seasoning (available at Walmart)
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium Ribeye Steaks
- Combine all dry rub ingredients. Set aside.
- Rub steak with 1 ounce garlic paste on front and back. To prevent burning, do not get garlic paste on bone.
- Divide dry rub seasoning for four steaks and thoroughly rub each steak and place in GLAD® Food Storage Container in refrigerator for 3–4 hours. This can be done up to one day in advance, or longer if you prefer.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator.
- Put steaks on the grill and leave in one position on direct heat for 4–5 minutes, rotating to get nice grill marks and even flavor profile. If you follow this timeline, that size steak should be a perfect medium rare.
- Credit: Recipe created by Chef Eric Lackey of Flamestone American Grill in Oldsmar, Florida on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola®.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.