Skip to content
Grilled Flank Steak with Virginia Apple Honey
Write a Review
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Virginia apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 2-pound flank steak
- Virginia butter (as desired)
- Build a charcoal fire direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal.
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until it becomes a noticeably deeper shade of brown.
- Add the vinegar and continue to cook, swirling the pan a few times, for about 10–15 minutes until the sauce has thickened to the consistency of thin maple syrup.
- Remove from heat and add a good pinch of both salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the flank steak with sea salt and black pepper. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Place steak on the grill and cook for 10–12 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove steak from the grill and place on a plate. Place a pat of butter on top and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve warm, with the Virginia apple honey drizzled on top.
Credit: Recipe created by Cool Smoke competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge presented by Walmart category of the Kingsford® Invitational.