Grilled BBQ Chicken Kebabs
- Yields: 8 Servings
- Cook time: 10–12 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds ButcherBox chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby bell peppers, whole
- 1 pineapple, cut into 2" pieces
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- metal or bamboo skewers, soaked
Cut chicken breast into 1¼-inch cubes.
Combine the dried spices with olive oil and fresh squeezed lime juice to make a paste. Combine paste with cubed chicken breast and set aside.
To each skewer, thread cubed chicken, pineapple, peppers and onions, rotating ingredients after ever piece. This step can be done in advance if bringing to a tailgate party.
Prepare your charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium heat (350–450°F) and allow it to preheat for 10–15 minutes. Brush the grates with oil or cooking spray.
Once hot, grill kebabs over direct medium heat turning once. Keep the lid closed as much as possible. Using an instant read thermometer, grill until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 10–12 minutes. Remove from grill and baste with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges and dig in!