Grilled BBQ Chicken KebabsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 8 Servings
- Cook time: 10–12 minutes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds ButcherBox chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby bell peppers, whole
- 1 pineapple, cut into 2" pieces
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- metal or bamboo skewers, soaked
- Cut chicken breast into 1¼-inch cubes.
- Combine the dried spices with olive oil and fresh squeezed lime juice to make a paste. Combine paste with cubed chicken breast and set aside.
- To each skewer, thread cubed chicken, pineapple, peppers and onions, rotating ingredients after ever piece. This step can be done in advance if bringing to a tailgate party.
- Prepare your charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium heat (350–450°F) and allow it to preheat for 10–15 minutes. Brush the grates with oil or cooking spray.
- Once hot, grill kebabs over direct medium heat turning once. Keep the lid closed as much as possible. Using an instant read thermometer, grill until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 10–12 minutes. Remove from grill and baste with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges and dig in!
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.