Skip to content
Smoked Fried Mac & Cheese Bites
Write a Review
- 1 pound macaroni
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Boil macaroni until tender, drain, and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and mix until light golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of milk and whisk until thick.
- Add cheese one handful at a time. Mix until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni to pan and mix until well coated. Add salt, pepper, and Rossarooski’s Honey Rib Rub, then mix well.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least one hour or until cold.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Form cold macaroni and cheese into 1-inch balls and place on prepared pan. Place in freezer for at least one-hour (overnight works well).
- Beat eggs and ¼ cup of milk in a bowl to make an egg wash, and roll them into breadcrumbs, coating completely.
- In Matador gas wok cooker, heat oil to 350°F for a medium-high flame
- Fry for 3–4 minutes until golden brown and drain. Serve immediately.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Hickory