Skip to content
Smoked Classic Bread Pudding
Write a Review
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed 1½ inches
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 350°F. Grease 1½-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Place bread cubes onto baking sheet. Bake 8–10 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine toasted bread cubes and raisins in prepared casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine milk and ¼ cup butter in 1-quart saucepan. Add to grill and heat 4–7 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Combine all remaining pudding ingredients in bowl then mix well. Add milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes. Cook on recteq for 50–60 minutes or until set in center.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in 1-quart saucepan. Add to the grill, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Carefully stir in 1 tbsp vanilla.
- Spoon warm pudding into individual dessert dishes; serve with sauce. Store refrigerated.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Signature