Chili Lime Steak FajitasWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil, for pan
- 2–3 large ribeye steaks
- 1 onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 large bell peppers, red/green/yellow or orange, sliced in strips
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 package queso fresco (white Mexican cheese), crumbled
- 2 limes, grilled
- 1 tomato
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- Combine all marinade ingredients in an immersion blender or food processor. Marinate your steak for as long as possible before cooking to get the most flavor in the meat.
- Load Kingsford® Charcoal with Mesquite in your Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Griddle and set temp to 400°F.
- Add olive oil to griddle surface. Once the oil gets hot, add the onion and peppers to sauté.
- Warm tortillas on Gravity Series 800 Griddle warming rack.
- Add ribeye to griddle, cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until the internal temp reaches 125°F (for doneness of Medium). Please note the USDA recommended temperature for beef is 145°F.
- Once ribeye is done, rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the onions are translucent, the veggies are ready to be taken off the grill.
- Slice the ribeye against the grain and place in a large platter along with the grilled onions and peppers and tortillas and let your guests make their own fajitas with preferred toppings.
- Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars — Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com — on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.