Skip to content
Smoked Cherry Studded Herb Crusted Prime Rib
Write a Review
2 h 30 m
- 1 8–10 pound prime rib
- 2 tablespoons grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3–4 tablespoons Ben's Heffer Dust Rub
- ½ pound dark cherries
- 12 cloves garlic
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 275°F.
- Using a thin knife cut about 12 slits into the roast, stuff with the cherries and garlic.
- On a cutting board, tie the roast to ensure an even cook.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, horseradish and herbs for form a paste.
- Spread the herb paste all over the prime rib and season liberally with Ben’s Heffer Dust Rub.
- Cook at 275°F until the inside of the roast reaches 130°F, then allow to rest for 20–30 minutes.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Cherrywood