Cheesy Venison Sausage Roll-Ups with Honey Bourbon Mustard DipWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 pounds venison sausage, 6” links
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
- 10–12 6" flour tortillas
- 4 ounces honey
- 8 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 4 ounces Dijon mustard
- chives, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Set Masterbuilt Gravity Series to 400°F.
- Grill each link of sausage 90% fully cooked, about 5–7 minutes.
- Fully cover one side of each tortilla with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chopped jalapeños.
- Lay your sausage inside of the tortilla and wrap tortilla around the entire sausage.
- Place back on the Gravity Series seam side down and brush with the melted butter.
- Grill your wraps until they are toasted, and the cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, add honey and begin to caramelize on the Gravity Series. Once the honey comes to simmer, about 4–5 minutes, stir constantly so that it does not stick and burn. Simmer for 5–7 minutes.
- Add bourbon and allow alcohol to completely burn off. Watch for flames!
- Once there is no more fire from the bourbon, add Dijon mustard and mix well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temp and plate in a small bowl for dipping. Garnish with chives.
- Slice your sausage rollup in 1-inch-wide segments and use a tooth to dip each piece in the honey mustard bourbon dip.
- Credit: Recipe created by Jean-Paul Bourgeois on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
Recipes containing alcohol are intended for those 21 years of age and older only. Please drink responsibly.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.