Skip to content
Smoked Brown Gravy
Write a Review
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups beef stock
- ½ onion, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1 teaspoon Ben's Heffer Dust Rub
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 400°F with a cast iron pan.
- Add the butter and onion and sweat until the union is lightly golden brown
- Add the flour and cook 5–6 minutes until the flour has a deep golden-brown color. The darker the flour, the deeper the color of the sauce.
- Whisk in the stock, add the seasoning, and allow to simmer until the desired thickness is reached (about 10–12 minutes).
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Classic