Skip to content
Blistered Tomato and Cheese Skewers
Write a Review
- 1 10-ounce pack queso de freír, halloumi, or similar grilling cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- balsamic glaze
- 4 cups arugula
- Load Kingsford® Original Charcoal in Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800, set temp to 450°F.
- With a stick or immersion blender, combine the olive oil, basil, and garlic to form a puree.
- Slice cheese into ½-inch thick squares and place on skewers.
- Thread the tomatoes on skewers or use a grill pan.
- Grill the skewers until char marks have formed, about 4–5 minutes. Flip once char marks have been achieved on the first side.
- Remove from the grill once you have char marks on each side.
- Serve cheese skewers on top of arugula salad. Remove tomatoes from skewer and cover dish.
- Drizzle the salad and tomatoes with the basil oil and then add a touch of balsamic glaze.
Credit: Recipe created by Robyn Lindars — Recipe Developer, Grilling Expert, Editor in Chief of Grill Girl Magazine and GrillGirl.com — on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt