Asian BBQ Chicken Flatbreads with Mozzarella and ScallionsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 2 Servings
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- kosher salt and black pepper as needed
- vegetable oil as needed
- Preheat flat top grill to 450°F.
- Add ketchup, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger to a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds until smooth. Transfer to a small stainless steel pot.
- Transfer barbecue sauce to grill, and allow flavors to bloom by cooking for 10 minutes. Remove from grill, and reserve.
- Place chicken thighs into a small mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and oil. Mix well.
- Place onto the grill, and cook for 5–7 minutes on each side, until chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken thighs from grill, and place onto cutting board to rest.
- Spread Asian barbecue sauce over top of flatbreads.
- Add cooked chicken thighs to a small mixing bowl, and shred apart.
- Sprinkle chicken over the top of grilled flatbreads.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with mozzarella cheese, and grill for 2–3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Transfer grilled flatbreads to a cutting board.
- Top flatbreads with chopped scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easily shred cooked chicken thighs by using a pair of tongs to hold the chicken, and a fork to shred it.
Knobs of ginger can sometimes be difficult to peel, but not anymore. Hold the ginger, and use a spoon to easily scrape the peel from the ginger.
- Credit: Recipe created by Brandon Frohne on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.