Skip to content
Smoked Apple & Pumpkin Spice Cake
Write a Review
- 2 egg
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Ray’s Warm Apple Pie Rub
- 4 cups apples, cored, peeled and diced
- Pre-heat recteq grill or wood pellet grill to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs, white sugar and brown sugar until light in color and creamy, about 4–5 minutes.
- Add oil and vanilla extract and beat for 1–2 minutes more to blend in the ingredients. Add pumpkin puree and continue beating for 1 more minute to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the apples.
- Spray the bundt pan with baking spray. Carefully pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake at 375°F for about 50 or 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for about 40 minutes. Invert the bundt pan onto the serving platter let the cake to cool further.
Credit: Recipe created by recteq on behalf of Kingsford. recteq wood pellet grills allow you to become a true pitmaster with the push of a button. After all, it’s more than a grill…It’s a lifestyle! Check out the recteq website.
Pellets used: Kingsford® Hardwood Pellets — Cherrywood