3-2-1 RibsWrite a Review Read Reviews
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 6 h
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- baby back ribs
- pork rub (your favorite brand)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup maple syrup
- spray bottle
- chicken stock
- red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
- Set Masterbuilt Gravity Series to 250°F. When loading your Kingsford® Charcoal, consider “double stacking” for added smoke flavor for your low & slow cook — layer charcoal and a few wood chunks throughout.
- While grill is coming to temperature, generously coat each rack of ribs with your preferred pork rub.
- Place ribs on grill. Smoke for 3 hours at 250°F. Check internal temperature.
- Once ribs are on, spritz every 30 minutes to an hour to keep them moist with added flavor throughout your cook.
- Wrap each rib individually with foil. Pro-tip: Add a couple pats of butter on top of each rib rack when wrapping.
- Smoke for an additional 2 hours at 250°F.
- Towards the end of the two hours, prepare your dip. Combine 1½ cups of chicken stock with 1 cup of maple syrup, stir until combined.
- Unwrap your ribs and dip each rack into the mixture.
- Place back on the grill for 1 more hour at 250°F. Spritzing again 30 minutes into the final step.
- Once internal temperature reaches 165°F, your ribs are done.
- Pull, serve & enjoy!
- Credit: Recipe created by Rasheed Philips, owner of Philips Barbeque Co, on behalf of Kingsford and Masterbuilt
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.