Kingsford® Charcoal Coalar Bear Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1.Eligibility: Kingsford® Charcoal Coalar Bear Promotion (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Clorox Company (“Sponsor”), Johnsonville Sausage, LLC, HelloWorld, Inc. (“Administrator”), and any of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94612.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 16, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on March 11, 2015 at 11:59 a.m. PT (the "Contest Period") and consists of eight Weekly Entry Periods (each a Weekly Entry Period) as set forth in the chart below.
|Weekly Entry Period||Starts at 12:00 p.m. PT||Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT||Approximate Winner Notification Date|
|1||January 16, 2015||January 21, 2015||January 26, 2015|
|2||January 22, 2015||January 28, 2015||February 2, 2015|
|3||January 29, 2015||February 4, 2015||February 9, 2015|
|4||February 5, 2015||February 11, 2015||February 16, 2015|
|5||February 12, 2015||February 18, 2015||February 23, 2015|
|6||February 19, 2015||February 25, 2015||March 2, 2015|
|7||February 26, 2015||March 4, 2015||March 9, 2015|
|8||March 5, 2015||March 11, 2015||March 16, 2015|
Facebook, Inc.’s and Twitter, Inc.’s servers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During each Weekly Entry Period you may participate in this Contest by entering on the Kingsford Charcoal Facebook page at www.facebook.com/kingsfordcharcoal or by Tweeting a photo. If you enter with Twitter, your account setting must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets to be viewable by Sponsor and in order to participate in the Contest and you must follow @Kingsford.
First, take a photo that displays extreme weather grilling using a charcoal grill. If you include any people in the photo, you must have permission from them. Your photo should not include anything that appears unsafe or hazardous. Your Submission need not include any reference to Sponsor’s products and such comment will not increase your chances of winning.
Next, post your photo on the Kingsford Charcoal Facebook page or Tweet your photo on Twitter and include the hashtag #coalarbearcontest. If you enter through Facebook, you should not tag anyone included in your photo.By posting or Tweeting your photo (herein referred to as your “Submission”), you agree that it conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Restrictions or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- The Submission must not display use of charcoal in an unsafe manner;
- The Submission must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use likeness and to grant the rights set forth in these Official Rules. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor;
- Submissions must not include personally identifiable information about entrant or others;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use and incorporate into his/her Submission; and
- The Submission must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor, its products or services, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, or contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or is unlawful in any way.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it finds the post unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during each Weekly Entry Period; however, each entry should be unique. Submissions received from any person, Facebook or Twitter Account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means that subvert the entry process are void. In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Sponsor takes Non-Exclusive Rights of Photo: Posting or Tweeting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of each Weekly Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select a potential winner from among all eligible Submissions received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (33%);
- Quality of Submission (33%); and
- Fit to Contest Theme (34%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the “Fit to the Contest Theme,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. The winner with the highest score will be deemed the potential Weekly Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions during any Weekly Entry Period.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified through the Social Account that they used to enter on or around the dates listed in the chart in the Timing Section above. Sponsor will notify potential winners who enter through Facebook account, by commenting on the winning post. Sponsor will notify potential winners who enter through Twitter by Direct Message. Potential winners must follow prize claim instructions provided within the stated time frame, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after conclusion of the Contest.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Released Parties and any licensee against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
9. Prizes: EIGHT (8) GRAND PRIZES (awarded one (1) each Weekly Entry Period): A Kingsford® Hooded Sweatshirt, a Kingsford® Beanie, a Kingsford® Grill Brush, one (1) product coupon redeemable for either a 3.9 or 4.2 pound package of Kingsford® Original Charcoal Briquettes (valued at up to $6.99 and expires on December 31, 2015); five (5) Johnsonville Sausage coupons (brats/grillers product), each valued at up to $5.99. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $105 For the Week Eight Prize: Prize will include an additional prize pack from Johnsonville: Johnsonville Grill Set, ten (10) Johnsonville Sausage Product Coupons, and $250 Patagonia Gift Card. The ARV of the Week 8 Prize will be $349.50.
For all Prizes: All size, colors ad features of the apparel prizes will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Terms and conditions of each product coupon and gift card apply. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
10. Release: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Johnsonville Sausage, LLC, Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software, or lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, mechanical, or human error or otherwise, which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing of entries or the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winners List: For a winners list, visit http://bit.ly/1ykwMwz. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.