Backyard All-Stars Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Backyard All-Stars Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (except in the case of legal residents of certain states where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such legal age of majority) at the time of entry. Employees of The Kingsford Products Company LLC, Vivoom, Inc., Dentsu McGarry Bowen, LLC, MLB Entities (as defined in Section 14 below), HelloWorld, Inc., and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members, whether or not related, of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 15, 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 21, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Third Party Vivoom Inc.’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are two (2) ways to enter:
- a. Uploading a Filtered Video: Visit www.kingsford.com/backyardallstars and follow the links and instructions to upload a video of your child(ren) playing baseball, apply and save a voice-over filter to your video and upload the filtered video pursuant to the Restrictions and Permissions set forth below. After uploading the filtered video, complete and submit the registration form including first and last name and valid email address. By successfully submitting the filtered video and transmitting a completed online registration form as directed and in compliance with the Restrictions and Permissions set forth below, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online registration form to be eligible. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void.
- b. Mail-in Alternate Method: To enter without uploading a filtered video, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Backyard All-Stars Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5035, Department 835371, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5035. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by May 21, 2018 and received by May 29, 2018. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may enter six (6) times during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than six (6) entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
Entrants must not include any of the following content in any video: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on any party, including the MLB Entities, their owners and employees, or the game of baseball; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around June 1, 2018. The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Timing permitting, only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. First prize will be fulfilled within approximately 8–10 weeks after winner confirmation.
6. Prizes: EIGHT (8) GRAND PRIZES: Each grand prize winner will receive one (1) trip for winner and one (1) guest to Washington, DC July 15–18, 2018, to attend the 2018 MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Washington, DC, leaving on July 15, 2018, and returning July 18, 2018; three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel in the Washington, DC vicinity determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (one (1) standard room, double occupancy); two (2) tickets for winner and his/her one (1) guest for MLB All-Star FanFest on July 15, 2018; two (2) tickets for winner and his/her one (1) guest for the T-Mobile Home Run Derby on July 16, 2018 (seating and other details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); two (2) tickets for winner and his/her one (1) guest for the MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard played at Nationals Park on July 17, 2018 (seating and other details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); one (1) full-size rental car for length of stay; $500 spending money (awarded as a check); participation for winner’s one (1) guest in TBD HR Derby Experience at Play Ball Park on July 16, 2018; and travel agent services (agent determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion). Winner must travel on July 15–18, 2018 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Trip must be booked immediately upon winner confirmation. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of each individual grand prize winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel companion must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the applicable winner. Travel companion must execute liability, and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to Washington, DC, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion and any difference in value will not be awarded. If winner does not meet requirements for rental car, a cash allowance for ground transportation will be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor and MLB Entities will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The prize does not include tickets to or for any event or exhibition during the 2018 MLB All-Star Week™ other than as specifically set forth herein. Released Parties are not responsible if the 2018 MLB All-Star FanFest, T-Mobile Home Run Derby and/or MLB All-Star Game presented by Mastercard are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By accepting grand prize, each grand prize winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the game and travel tickets. The Released Parties are not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each grand prize: $6,640.00. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winners will not receive difference between actual and ARV.
Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any grand prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Each grand prize winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the grand prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any grand prize winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and grand prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition tickets.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive one (1) 22.5” kettle grill; one (1) professional 3-piece BBQ tool set; one (1) 55” LED TV; one (1) Bluetooth speaker; one (1) Kingsford Grillmate Grill Cleaner; and one (1) 3-month subscription to Grill Masters Club. ARV: $1210.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize (or portion thereof) should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $54,330.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, MLB Entities (as defined in Section 14 below), Administrator, Vivoom, Inc. Dentsu McGarry Bowen, LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (or portion thereof). Released Parties (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ and the MLB Entities’ use of such entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, filtered video, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised, in any manner, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (or portion thereof). If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2CJMckB. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
14. MLB Entities Definition and Disclaimer: The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The MLB Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The Sweepstakes is not sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any MLB Entity. The MLB Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) disclaim any implied warranty. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
© 2018 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.